Tuesday, September 18, 2007

SHOWTIME 7

Hi all,

Was bogged down by presentations and exams...still I am...but cant stay away from posting a SHOWTIME 7 any more...

This time I am venturing into a off beat territory...

There has been a lot of criticism, talk and research on HINDI song and plagiarism... So today I present SHOWTIME 7 which is a 10 question set: each answers is a Hindi song which have been accused and proved of copying...

I will be giving out the name of the English or the Original Soundtrack and the answer I expect is the Hindi Duplication...

So here they are : (I promise there are some real shockers)

1. The Love theme - Godfather

2. Henry Mancini's theme for the movie Charade

3. 'Return To The Alamo' by SHADOWS

4. 'Sixteen Tons' in 1955

5. Tarkan's 'Kuzu kuzu' (Turkey)

6. Polish folk song "Szla dzieweczka do gajeczka"

7. SITTER: 'Video killed the radio star'....by Buggles

8. 'Take that look off your face' by Andrew Lloyd Webber

9. Another Sitter: Europe's Final Countdown

10. A really old One to end with : 'My darling Clementine'


Hope everyone enjoys the Quiz

Send the answers latest by September 25th at tatha.mukrg@gmail.com as Sub: Answers SHOWTIME 7

Before ending, wishing all finalists of TATA CRUCIBLE all the very best of luck for the FINALS on 20th at TAJ LANDS BANDRA...Hope the best wins...(One sad news for me: I will be missing the live action....)

Waiting for the answers

Till then,

HAPPY QUIZZING

TG
NMIMS 2nd Year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually the Polish folk song name is "Szla dzieweczka do laseczka". "Szla dzieweczka do gajeczka" is an older name hardly known. Meaning is the same, but it's more dificult to find the song.